Twenty Carriers Selected for Annual Honor
Springdale, Ark. – May 4, 2017 – For the sixth year, Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) named a select group of its third-party contract carriers as the “Top Carriers for 2016” for their dedication and excellence in delivering results. Most of the 20 carriers are repeat recipients.
Premier Carriers of the Year are recognized for their excellence in customer service, communication, safety and innovation.
“These carriers are industry leaders,” said Rob Lyall, vice president of transportation, Tyson Foods. “They raise the standards for others to follow by being excellent operators and providing great results for Tyson Foods.”
The following carriers were recognized:
- Coldliner Express of Columbus, Ohio
- Davis Express of Starke, Fla. (6 year recipient)
- Distribution Solutions, Inc. of Harrison, Ark. (5 year recipient)
- J.S. Helwig and Son, LLC of Terrell, Texas (5 year recipient)
- Heyl Truck Lines of Akron, Iowa (6 year recipient)
- Hirschbach Motor Lines of East Dubuque, Ill. (2 year recipient)
- John Christner Trucking of Sapulpa, Okla. (5 year recipient)
- Johnson Feed, Inc. of Canton, S.D. (6 year recipient)
- K&B Transportation, Inc. of South Sioux City, Neb. (4 year recipient)
- K and J Trucking of Sioux Falls, S.D. (6 year recipient)
- Maverick Transportation, LLC of North Little Rock, Ark. (4 year recipient)
- Prime, Inc. of Springfield, Mo. (5 year recipient)
- Purdy Brothers Trucking of Loudon, Tenn.
- Schuster Co. of Le Mars, Iowa (3 year recipient)
- Stevens Transport, Inc. of Dallas, Texas (5 year recipient)
- Sub Zero Transportation Inc. of Omaha, Neb. (6 year recipient)
- TransAm Trucking of Olathe, Kan. (3 year recipient)
- Van Wyk, Inc. of Sheldon, Iowa (6 year recipient)
- Wild West Express, Inc. of Las Cruces, N.M. (3 year recipient)
- Zeitner & Sons, Inc. of Omaha, Neb. (3 year recipient)
About Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN), with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world’s largest food companies with leading brands such as Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Sara Lee®, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells® and State Fair®. It’s a recognized market leader in chicken, beef and pork as well as prepared foods, including bacon, breakfast sausage, turkey, lunchmeat, hot dogs, pizza crusts and toppings, tortillas and desserts. The company supplies retail and foodservice customers throughout the United States and approximately 115 countries. Tyson Foods was founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson, whose family has continued to lead the business with his son, Don Tyson, guiding the company for many years and grandson, John H. Tyson, serving as the current chairman of the board of directors. The company currently has approximately 114,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
Derek Burleson, 479-290-6466, firstname.lastname@example.org