Springdale, Ark. – April 5, 2016 – For the fifth year, Tyson Foods, Inc. has named a select group of its third-party contract carriers “Premier Carriers of the Year“ for their excellence in delivering results. Most of the 20 honored carriers are repeat recipients.
Premier Carriers of the Year are recognized for their commitment to excellence in customer service, communication, safety, innovation, and environmental stewardship.
“These carriers have a strong commitment to excellence,” said Rob Lyall, director of Tyson Foods’ contract carrier division. “We commend these business partners for providing exemplary services to Tyson Foods and our customers.”
The following carriers were recognized:
- Barlow Truck Lines of Faucett, Mo. (4 year recipient)
- Davis Express of Starke, Fla. (5 year recipient)
- Distribution Solutions, Inc., of Harrison, Ark. (4 year recipient)
- J.S. Helwig and Son, LLC. of Terrell, Texas (4 year recipient)
- Heyl Truck Lines of Akron, Iowa (5 year recipient)
- Hirschbach Motor Lines of East Dubuque, Ill.
- John Christner Trucking of Sapulpa, Okla. (4 year recipient)
- Johnson Feed, Inc. of Canton, S.D. (5 year recipient)
- K&B Transportation, Inc. of South Sioux City, Neb. (3 year recipient)
- K and J Trucking, Inc. of Sioux Falls, S.D. (5 year recipient)
- Maverick Transportation, LLC of North Little Rock, Ark. (3 year recipient)
- Prime, Inc. of Springfield, Mo. (4 year recipient)
- Schuster Co. of Le Mars, Iowa (2 year recipient)
- Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. of Texarkana, Ark. (3 year recipient)
- Stevens Transport of Dallas, Texas (4 year recipient)
- Sub Zero Transportation, Inc. of Omaha, Neb. (5 year recipient)
- TransAm Trucking of Olathe, Kan. (2 year recipient)
- TWT Refrigerated Service of Cheney, Wash. (5 year recipient)
- Van Wyk, Inc. of Sheldon, Iowa (5 year recipient)
- Wild West Express, Inc. of Las Cruces, N.M. (2 year recipient)
About Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN), with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world's largest food companies with leading brands such as Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Sara Lee®, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells® and State Fair®. It's a recognized market leader in chicken, beef and pork as well as prepared foods, including bacon, breakfast sausage, turkey, lunchmeat, hot dogs, pizza crusts and toppings, tortillas and desserts. The company supplies retail and foodservice customers throughout the United States and approximately 130 countries. Tyson Foods was founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson, whose family has continued to lead the business with his son, Don Tyson, guiding the company for many years and grandson, John H. Tyson, serving as the current chairman of the board of directors. The company currently has approximately 113,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
Contact: Derek Burleson, 479-290-6466, [email protected]