Springdale, Ark. – May 7, 2015 – For the fourth year, Tyson Foods, Inc. has named a select group of its third-party contract carriers as “Premier Carriers of the Year.” Several of the 19 honored carriers are repeat recipients.
Carriers of the Year are recognized for their commitment to excellence in customer service, communication, safety, innovation and for being strong environmental stewards. In addition to its own fleet of more than 2,600 tractors, Tyson Foods has relationships with more than 100 third-party carriers to move products and raw materials to its locations and customers.
“These carriers are true visionaries in the industry and we have an outstanding partnership with each company,” said Rob Lyall, director of Tyson’s contract carrier division. “Their loyalty and commitment to being the best truly helps drive our success.”
The following carriers were recognized:
• Barlow Truck Line of Faucett, Mo. (3-year recipient)
• Comstar Enterprise, Inc. of Springdale, Ark. (4-year recipient)
• Davis Express, Inc. of Starke, Fla. (4- year recipient)
• Distribution Solutions, Inc. of Harrison, Ark. (3-year recipient)
• Heyl Truck Line, Inc. of Akron, Iowa (4-year recipient)
• J.S. Helwig and Son, Inc. of Terrell, Texas (3-year recipient)
• John Christner Trucking, Inc. of Sapulpa, Okla. (3-year recipient)
• Johnson Feed, Inc. of Canton, S.D. (4-year recipient)
• K&B Transportation, Inc. of South Sioux City, Neb. (2-year recipient)
• K and J Trucking, Inc. of Sioux Falls, S.D. (4-year recipient)
• Knight Transportation of Phoenix, Ariz.
• Maverick Transportation, LLC of North Little Rock, Ark. (2-year recipient)
• Prime, Inc. of Springfield, Mo. (3-year recipient)
• Shaffer Trucking of Lincoln, Neb. (2-year recipient)
• Southern Refrigerated Transport of Texarkana, Ark. (2-year recipient)
• Stevens Transport of Dallas, Texas (3-year recipient)
• Sub Zero Transportation of Omaha, Neb. (4-year recipient)
• T.W. Transport Refrigerated Service of Cheney, Wash. (4-year recipient)
• VanWyk, Inc. of Sheldon, Iowa (4-year recipient)
About Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN), with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world's largest producers of chicken, beef, pork and prepared foods that include leading brands such as Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Sara Lee® frozen bakery, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells® and State Fair®. The company was founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson, whose family has continued to lead the business with his son, Don Tyson, guiding the company for many years and grandson, John H. Tyson, serving as the current chairman of the board of directors. Tyson Foods provides a wide variety of protein-based and prepared foods products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves, supplying customers throughout the United States and approximately 130 countries. It has approximately 124,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
Worth Sparkman, 479-290-6358, firstname.lastname@example.org