About Our Ads
Tyson Foods, Inc., its affiliates and non-affiliated third parties (collectively, “we” or “us”), collect personal information about users over time and across different Tyson websites, applications, platforms and devices (collectively, the “Site(s)”). This Cookies Policy describes how you can exercise your rights and controls over our use of Tracking Tools.
Effective Date: October 24, 2022
What Are Tracking Tools
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that may be placed on your device when you visit our Sites. When you next visit our Sites, the cookie allows us to distinguish your device from other users’ devices.
- Web Beacons or Pixel Tags: A web beacon or pixel tag is a tool that we may send to you to help us determine whether a page has been viewed. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. This website may have pixel tags from vendors.
Why We Use Tracking Tools
We use Tracking Tools for various reasons:
- To allow our Sites to work and help keep them safe and secure e.g. to load images and to allow you to log in securely or to store your password if you have registered on our Site
- To improve the performance of our Sites by helping us analyze how they are used and understand which parts work well, and which don't
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple Sites or other platforms, to better understand the interests of our Site visitors
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising), to deliver relevant online advertising to visitors on our Sites and third-party websites and to understand how effective our online advertising communications are
How We Use Internet-Based Advertising
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple Sites. Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. These ads may be served after you leave our Sites, or after you leave the websites of third parties. They may also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
To decide what is relevant to you, we and our partners use information you make available when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. This information is gathered using the Tracking Tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your purchases or browsing behaviors. We and our partners might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect, such as past online and offline purchase or other online usage information.
What Tracking Tools We Use
Depending on who owns the cookie, they are classified as:
- First-Party Cookies: Cookies created by the website (domain) you are visiting.
- Third-Party Cookies: Cookies created by domains other than the one you are visiting. Third-party cookies track across different sites to help deliver services, and to retarget and show ads to you.
Depending on the lifespan of the cookie, they are classified as:
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your device over a longer period of time after you close your browser. This period of time is defined by the owner of the cookie. Persistent cookies are deleted manually or automatically afterwards.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies remain on your device only until you close your browser, then they are automatically deleted.
Depending on the purpose of the cookie, they are classified as:
- Essential Cookies: Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our websites, such as those that enable you to log into secure areas, allow images to load, and orders to be processed. Without these cookies, our Sites can’t operate properly.
- Experience Cookies: Experience cookies cannot track your browsing activity when you leave our Sites to browse other websites. Experience cookies allow our Sites:
- To recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move through the Site. This helps us to better understand and improve the way our Sites work.
- To remember the choices you make, providing you with better and more personalized features, such as comparing your choices to those of our other visitors. This helps us learn from those choices and provide you enhanced, more personalized features, such as product recommendations.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies record your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information:
- To help make the advertising displayed on our Sites and certain third-party websites more relevant to your interests
- To limit the number of times that you see an ad
- To help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign
To find out more about our specific cookies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Rights Regarding Behavioral Advertising
The Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (the “Program”) gives consumers the ability to opt-out of the recording of their online behavior and of having such behavior used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click HERE.
The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising. To exercise choices for the companies participating in this tool, download the AppChoices app HERE.
Some Tracking Tools we use do not participate in the Program. To learn more information about opting out of these Tracking Tools, please click on the following: AMP PLATFORM, APPNEXUS, DILIGANT, KENSHOO, MARTINI MEDIA, SHARETHROUGH, SITESCOUT, SPOTXCHANGE, TREMOR MEDIA, TWITTER and XAXIS.
To find out more about opt-out elections for third party advertising cookies available to users under the self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, please click:
If you don’t want your personal information to be used to allow third parties (e.g. Google, Facebook) to display ads or to personalize ads displayed to you, you can change your settings by using the tools provided by their sites or through one of the above self-regulatory programs, if they participate in them.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device specific.
How to Control Certain Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. Certain options you select are browser and device specific and may also depend on the type of cookie. You may use your web browser to delete all cookies, block all cookies, allow all cookies, block third party cookies, clear all cookies when your browser closes, install add-ons and plugins that extend browser functionality or open a private browsing or incognito session (this allows you to browse the web without recording your browsing history or storing local data but has limitations in a privacy context). You will need to elect to opt out from each device you want the opt out election to apply to.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, only some of the tracking described here will stop.
To control flash cookies, please click HERE.
To find out more about how to use your browser to control cookies, please click:
- MICROSOFT EDGE COOKIES INFORMATION
- INTERNET EXPLORER COOKIES INFORMATION
- CHROME COOKIES INFORMATION
- FIREFOX COOKIES INFORMATION
- Safari cookies information – MOBILE DEVICES
- OPERA COOKIES INFORMATION
How to Contact Us
You may also contact:
Tyson Foods, Inc.
Privacy c/o Law Department
Mail Code CP006
2200 W. Don Tyson Parkway
Springdale, AR 72765-2020