Staying at the Forefront of Animal Well-Being
Our Animal Well-Being Advisory Panel Members Include:
• ERIN BRENNEMAN, Day One Farrowing Specialist, Brenneman Pork
• Doug Britton, Ph.D., ATRP Program Manager and Senior Research Engineer, Georgia Tech Research Institute*
• ANNE BURKHOLDER, Farmer and Beef Marketing Group contributor
• Candace Croney, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Center for Animal Welfare Science, Purdue University *
• Paul DeFoor, Ph.D., Executive and Board Member, Cactus Feeders*
• Bob Dykhuis, Founder, Dykhuis Farms*
• Cindy Goulet, Founder, Florentyna’s*
• Temple Grandin, Ph.D., Professor of Livestock Behavior and Animal Welfare Advisor, Colorado State University
• Elisabeth Hagen, M.D., Independent Consultant and Former Under Secretary, USDA
• DOROTHY MCKEEGAN, Ph.D. PDRA, Senior Animal Health Lecturer, University of Glasgow*
• ALEX JUSTICE MOORE, Chief Development Officer, DC Central Kitchen
• Tom Parsons, V.M.D. Ph.D. B.A., Professor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania*
• Janice Swanson, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Animal Welfare, Michigan State University
• Daniel Thomson, Ph.D. DVM, Professor of Production Medicine and Epidemiology, Kansas State University*
• Bill Tom, Livestock Marketing Executive Vice President, United Producers, Inc.*
I’m proud of the work my team has done to bring this panel together and I’m excited to share the new programs and pilots that result from their input.
Individual bios of panel members are available here.
Earlier this year I had the chance to share my story, and excitement, for the opportunities Tyson Foods’ culture and transformation has allowed as I’ve led a department exclusively dedicated to animal welfare, find that story here.
Tyson Food’s 2017 Sustainability Report, including the impact of FarmCheck™, is available at TysonSustainability.com.
Published Aug 23, 2018.
Published August 23, 2018.
Check out our blog posts on The Feed
Learn more about our efforts to raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do.